Small wind energy has many benefits:
- Environment - Wind turbines produce no air pollution.
- Energy Independence - Reduced dependence on the grid.
- Cost - One of the most cost-effective ways to produce your own electricity
- Remote Electricity Generation - Wind is a great option for off-grid applications
- Complements Solar PV - Wind and solar can work well in a hybrid system.
Visit the links below for more details on the benefits of small wind as well as some of the issues you need to be aware of.
- Energy independence
- Remote electricity generation
- Complements solar PV
Issues to Be Aware of
- Extreme weather
- Zoning and other legal issues
- Local wildlife
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI)
For more information, see Other Considerations and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).